I am big city girl.
The longer I live on the Gold Coast, the more I realize how much I love a big city. No, the Gold Coast isn’t a big city…
I love the beach and I love how pretty everything is here but there’s something missing in the soul of this city. This is hard for people to understand if they’ve never been to the Gold Coast, but let me give it a shot.
Gold Coast is a holiday city…everything about the city is geared towards the tourists rather than the locals so it’s perfect for a holiday. Add pretty beaches and warm sunshine…and you’ve got yourself a nice Aussie holiday. But you don’t always want that from the city you live in right? It’s like living in
I know
I really wish I could explain myself better but I can’t except to say that although I love Goldie…I miss the spirit of a big city!
And no, this is not another I-miss-home rant… it’s a I-miss-big-city rant!
3 Responses to "big city lights"
Hi ,
I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘ Life...and all that jaZz...’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;
BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!
This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who kn:)ws..
Cheers,
I loved calcutta whie growing up...bit i think Bombaty works for me better after i growed up. More freedom. But yes I miss my building pujo too (taking on your comment on Scarlett's blog)
yaa..it dosnt matter whether its cal. bombay or any big city but if ur a big city person, i.e. one who loves cities..u jst cant get used to the lifetstyle and mentality of a smaller town.
Post a Comment