just a copy-paste job

Dearest D, D and R,

Thank you for making my day with that email. Its 8:30 a.m. and I have just come to work and I usually check my email first thing in the morning before I become busy with work. I received the last two emails too but it’s been so busy at work I haven’t had a chance to reply. Today, I’ve actually told my boss that I need 15 minutes to reply to an email before I start working. J

In the last couple of weeks I have been writing a lot..in my blog and in my diary (yes I still have one) and I’ve noticed that most of what I write sounds really mature. He he. Even if I say so myself.. I’ve been thinking so much..analysing so much…theorising so much.

You’re right D when you say that life outside Loreto is so different. As much as I love LH, the one thing they didn’t do was teach us about the outside world…they really made it seems like the whole world lived the way we live in Loreto which is miles away from the truth. And you know what I’ve also realised… you and R, even though younger, are more mature than D and me and far more adept at handling change of any kind. I think both D and I have trouble letting go of the present (that is soon to become the past) because we fear the loss of familiarity.

I’ve learned so much about life ever since I’ve moved here and yes, I have changed a lot. But no, I’m still the same as well. I’m sure all of you know exactly what I mean by this contradiction. It’s like you’ve grown up yet somewhere deep down some things have remained the same. And I think that’s what brings us closer because we’ve literally grown up together…and are still growing…in every way (even physically…he he he…)

R and I both want to go home in the summer. Really don’t know if and when it will be possible. When you’re away from home, you realise that most other things are so superficial, and often to get somewhere you find yourself adding a little bit of that superficiality to yourself too….but when you’re home, you’re stripped of all your baggage and that’s when you’re comfortable.

I know, no matter how many years pass, whenever we meet we will still be silly and giggle and irritate each other and above all remain innocent. I know innocent is a strange word to use but is true. The protected lives that we have led (thanks to LH and our families) will never really let us grow up entirely and I think that’s beautiful. It’s nice not to be bitchy, cynical, doubtful or plain unhappy about everything that life throws your way. It’s nice to have faith….in something…and this faith arises from our innocence in the belief…that no matter what things will be okay.

I’m grateful to be brought up the way I have and have had the opportunities I have had coz I realise life teaches you so much and how you react to it and live your life depends on certain basic principles you were brought up with.

Really, there is so much to say, listen, discuss, bitch, theorise, philosophise and just randomly giggle about and I can’t wait to see each of you in person. But until then, know that I think of you’ll all the time…for silly things and major things and I’m always praying that life turns out in the very best way possible. I know sometimes things unplanned and unexpected turn out better than anything else…and maybe that’s what life is trying to tell us…that not everything may be going the way we want it to…but maybe that’s how its supposed to be because there is a bigger plan. And its not always easy to stay focussed…but we’ve gotta try. I know we’re all gonna be up there in the stars…and we’ll look back and giggle and wonder how we did it.

I better go now, or I could go on forever.

Lots of love,
Me (ow?)

P.S. I might post this on my blog! :)

2 Responses to "just a copy-paste job"

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ responded on 6:40 am #

same story everywhere,aint it???

Unknown responded on 9:20 pm #

yea... with just different characters playing out the roles!