not original at all but i love making lists and this is one i have (mentally) been making for a very long time: the bucket list
i.e. a list of things i want to do before i kick the bucket
(inspired by other blogs and the nicholson-freeman movie to be released soon)
- go to a michael jackson concert
- travel to europe
- understand the nuances of photography
- go scuba diving, parasailing, bungee jumping, white-water rafting.. you get the drift
- see the niagara falls
- read more classics ( i still haven't settled on a number)
- get high ( no i haven't. ever.)
- have my own book and movie library
- buy a house. building one would be even better
- buy my dad a "prestige" car
- write my own book
- learn to ride a sports bike
- study literature again
- learn french
- see the seven wonders of the world
- start my own business (no idea what it's gonna be)
- buy a pair of jimmy choos and manolo blahniks
- be famous
- 24 times in 24 hours
- be proposed to in the most romantic way ever
- start an animal shelter/charity
- appear on tv/in a movie
- win the lottery
- and be rich enough to never have to work again
......this is a rather long list and i'm more than sure i've forgotten lots more but i'm gonna end it here for now.
i tag anyone, who like me, has nothing better to do (and blogs at work)!
10 Responses to "the bucket list"
To the bucket list points...
For some...I'd say "u kidding me??"
For the others...."Me too"
and the rest..."Sigh...deep double sigh!!"
Lol! Cute... I could show someone else 'the bucket' for a a pair of jimmy choos
ha ha..!
quite a list...... its almost strange how many people want the same thing.. eerie almost :P
ah well... great minds think alike?
sorry...thats the best i could come up with at 8am!
I'm clueless...what is it that you want happening 24 times in 24 hours?
As for my own bucket list...in no particular order.
1. Learn to read Japanese so I don't have to run around looking for English manga translations.
2. Cut off my hair (or get the guts to do it- I'm too scared of being mistaken for a boy even if I do think androgyny is hot).
3. Start life as a working girl.
4. TRAVEL. A LOT.
5. Own lots of stripy socks (sounds stupid, but I love socks!).
6. Learn to cook without leaving the kitchen looking like a disaster zone.
7. Own a secondhand bookstore (it doesn't matter if you muck up the merchandise a bit when you're reading it).
8. Find a hairstyle that looks decent on me and doesn't make me look 40 (tougher task than anyone thinks, if you have my hair).
9. Get an editorial position at FRUITS magazine (kind of impossible, but it's on the list anyway).
10. Stop crushing on fictional boys (persistent problem from the age of five)- that might make my real-life ones a little easier to put up with.
@nisha:
wher hav u bin?
hmm..24 times...its a secret i cant really talk about.
and stripy socks...oh my god.. you hav no idea how many i have. i have a sock fetish too!
and i would love to own a 2nd hand bookstore too.
p.s. i can't access ur blog.
There's no more blog- I'm not all that cool with people knowing what's in my head, especially when some of them don't know me that well.
I'll be back in Cal within the next week, I'm guessing you're not at home?
Another thing I forgot to add to my bucket list, but remembered thanks to your Michael Jackson note- I'd really love to go to see Garbage live. I'll even do the fangirlist dressing-up, but it'd be so awesome..
PS: If you like Michael Jackson, try Justice. Much more recent but great stuff.
Post a Comment