
Update No.1 : Got myself a new phone. I love it I love it. It's a flip (or folder, as Samsung chooses to call it.) phone. Believe it or not, THAT was my criterion for choosing a phone! I thought of the V3i but then every second person I saw on the road seemed to have it so that thought went out the window. Though it is still pretty sexy.
Anyway, what's sexier now is my brand new Sony Ericsson W300i. My latest toy. I play only with electronics. he he. V's claimed the iPod like its his own hence the music shall now come from here! Its one of the ubercool new Walkman phones! Yay for me! And feeling mighty proud of myself for buying something for myself without having to ask Ma n Baba for money. So lemme hear the yay(!) again. :-) Will not bore you with specs though will entertain you with em if you're an interested techno freak like me.
Just a slight warning before you read the next two updates. They're long. Also, if you click on the links to read the reviews IMDb gave them, trust at your own risk. From experience, the Hindi movies are usually over-rated.
Update No.2 : I FINALLY watched Don. Either I was really sleepy (I hadn't slept for 48 hours straight!) or the movie was really stupid. Sure it was slick and all, and for once Shahrukh Khan tried to be someone other than himself but come on, it was like a spoof, especially the first part. When SRK was singing "Main Hoon Don....." I could picture him singing "Baadshah oh Baadshah" . lol. If you know what I'm talking about, you'll know how stupid it was, other wise just watch that song from Baadshah to understand what I'm saying. That btw, was one of the WORST SRK movies. Ever.
The good parts : The songs.
The choreography
The cinematography
The clothes
And, the final twist.
And I was talking about the good parts of Don. Baadshah was bad. Period.
Update No. 3 : I watched 4 movies in 2 days (Don being one of em). I saw Pyaar Ke Side Effects. If Rahul Bose would throw his so-called "intellectual actor" image out the window, and if Mallika Sherawat learned how to act, this could've bin pretty ok. It was funny especially coz a lot of it was so bloody true. It's not bad. It's especially fun to watch with a boyfriend/girlfriend. Heh! Do watch it for a few laughs. Like the girl's proposing marriage to him right in between an Indo-Pak cricket match and he's all confused so she's MAD! And he tries the typical guy "Babyyyy...I looove you!" but she doesn't care and he says "Ok. I'm sorry. Just calm down and we'll talk about this LATER!" He he he. And the girl's like "ya sure your match is OBVIOUSLY more important!" and my sister and I couldn't stop laughing. This happens to me ALL the time. Especially with the Ashes on and V being an ardent Aussie supporter, I'm relegated to the background. It happened today. Was in the middle of telling V somethign important, and he was like "Baby, can we go outside and talk about this?" and for a moment I didn't know why and then I couldn't stop laughing and in answer to his confused expression I asked "Outside where the TV is?" Half a second of stunned silence and then we both burst out laughing! He watched the match while I (peacefully!) read the newspaper.
Of course, ends with the usual hindi movie melodrama. Though I really lurve "Oh pappe pyaar ke pachtaya". Love bhangra. Always makes me wanna dance.
Then I watched Kramer vs. Kramer. Ok. Don't laugh. I've never seen it before. In a couple of scenes though I was even more surprised that Akele Hum Akele Tum was "inspired" by this! No. I didn't know. It was funny in a lot of ways but irritating too coz I knew what was gonna happen in practically every scene. And then of course if these surprises weren't enough. While watching the movie, I take a look at the CD cover and I'm like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???" Why? All this while who the actor was and it was Dustin Hoffman. God. I'm so stupid. In my defence, I haven't seen any other movie of his where he's "young". Anyway, movie was really nice. I love stuff like this. It was good that the ending wasn't melodramatically happy like in Akele Hum Akele Tum. I had just about gotten over my stupidity about not recognising Dustin Hoffman and Ma's like "I think Meryl Streep's really pretty." and, me the smart, asks ever so stupidly, "Why? Where did you see her?" And Ma and Runki look at me as though I was mad. And I realise (after a painful 2 minutes of course!) that Meryl Streep was Joanna Kramer. Duh! Lol. Nonetheless, lovely movie.
However, effect of lovely movie was soon spoilt coz i sat and watched Bas Ek Pal right after this. Terrrrrrible isn't even the word. Thought My Brother Nikhil was slow, it was a pretty good movie. I had illusions of grandeur even after the interval. But this movie was just beyond redemption and my desperate willing it to be good was useless. I will not even try to tell you about it. Watch it if you think I'm lying. And don't come back and blame me!
Update No. 4 : Again V stuffed me with food yesterday. We went for lunch to Golden Dragon and ate everything that was great apart from the pork (damn!) coz it wasn't available! ( I luuuuuurv Pork btw). Then we went to Inox for Don and ate more popcorn twice and then nachos too. And then like that wasn't enough, we came home and the boyfriend has an unquenchable hunger and also somehow has it in his head that I am underfed and has taken it completely upon himself to feed me! So, once we were home, he wanted to feed me, my sister and my best friend (they're underfed too btw!) so he ordered a huuuuuuuuuuuge Pizza. i think it seemed ever-so huger coz I was so not hungry (or so I thought!). After insisting I wasn't hungry, I had TWO pretty big bites from V's slice. You know men and how possessive they are about their food so I was very sweetly told to go find my own slice! And I DID. And that was not at all. Ate french fries too. And then Ma very sweetly brings me a whole bowl of stir fried peas. (I loooooove peas btw) and HOW could i resist. So i finished that too (parted with like 3 peas just coz i love V soooooo much!) And then, I ate yummy chocolate chip cookies (yes my supercook sister baked them - Though, in my defence - this is MY recipe and I helped her!).
So, if you have at all reached this far, the point is - I love food. I always knew that. But of late, I seem to love it more. heh! And am so so amazed that I can eat so much!
Also, just for being nice enough to drop by and read, thank you for listening (reading?) my mindless rambling and cataloguing of food and movies and what have you. I know I ramble. You should meet me in person. You'd wonder if I was the same person at all.
What have you...
Unknown Monday, December 04, 2006 3 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)
3 Responses to "What have you..."
yeah ure right...u really don look like what u write like...lol.
but u pretty much did a groovy promotion for tha fone i shud think...cos i wanna get it too...lol. well its understandable im into gadgets like rushdie's into chemical warfare.... but u got a career option as long as duds like me have dough....lol
Post a Comment