"The best feelings are those that have no words to describe to them."
-Michelle Hammerslay
when was the last time you woke up with a smile on your face? well..its been a while for me. i am NOT a morning person but i woke up at 4:30 a.m. feeling all chirpy. (i usually go to sleep at this time!). anyway,s o tonight i went to sleep at 10:30 or something and then i woke up feeling rather refreshed and HAPPY! i felt like celebrating but I didnt know what i wanted to celebrate. i didn't have a fabulous day or anything. i spent it with v and though we fought initially, it ended rather sweetly. no, nothing out of the way or incredibly romantic happened. it was just sweet. ive fallen in love with him all over again and i feel like a 15 year old again.....
(can't stop smiling!!)
i realised, little things give me a lot more joy than big fancy pre-planned pre-meditated moments of happiness. honestly, i am a person who's very easily given to making a fetish about a lot of stuff and often when things don't work out the way i had imagined they would, i get terribly disappointed. but then of course there's always spontaneity to fall back on, and that has never let me down. happiness really finds you when you're least looking for it. i don't mean to sound philosophical or like a wannabe aantel...i just believe that whoever said that it is the smaller things in life which give you greater joy, was soooo damn right!
Today, I was happy....
.when V held my hand on the stairs, just out of the blue
.when I came back home and saw Baba truly relaxed after quite a while
.when I saw how eagerly Jingle wanted to go out with us
.when Baba actually came back home and took us for a drive just for him, and even bought him ice-cream.
.when I received emails from my college friends
.I got an sms from a school friend I never quite imagined I would be close to
.when I went to Flury's and ate Mushrooms and garlic on toast and also ate mumma's french fries and peas and had chocolate milkshake and then had chana from a man on the road with a very pleading look in his eyes.
. i saw people i would generally call changras, dancing on the road to the sound of the dhak, oblivious to traffic, just for a lokkhi thakur bhashan
.when I checked my mail and I had a one liner from v. made me blush. made my day! :-)
.when I got a brand new orkut testimonial from koni mostly written in our special language and totally corny(all puns intended!)
.when I took a pretty picture of the lovely crystal chandelier at Flury's.
.that I feel happy for no particular reason at all
i really felt happy and excited in all the moments above and though i sound like a doomsday prophesist when i say this but its true in the very Axl Rose-ish way that "nothing lasts forever", yet, i'm happy being happy now and will deal with not being happy when we come to it.
I'm happy. Really happy.
0 Responses to "Happy :-)"
Post a Comment