Okay…so as you have obviously noticed I have become a lazy blogger. And I am making an attempt at writing at least one line every day, starting right now.
I started a new diet and today’s Day 4. It’s meant to last 28 days and already I am dreaming of French fries. For those of you who don’t know me, potatoes are a big weakness…And fries…mmmm…I could eat them at any hour of the day.
So I have been going to the gym for about a month now and lost 2kg. My ultimate goal is not to lose weight – it is to become fit. To me there is an important difference between the two. My goal is to be able to run on the treadmill for at least 40 minutes without feeling like I’m going to die. At the moment, I can run only about 2 minutes and then I can speed walk but anymore running and you’ll be calling an ambulance. So you have a fair idea of how much I need to work on my fitness.
I also need to work on strength training especially my arms and shoulders which I have discovered are very weak especially when compared to my legs.
So anyway, I know the word “diet” automatically translates to “starving” for a lot of us. But I can’t starve myself. I love food way too much. I don’t eat to live. I live to eat! So when I say diet I just mean I am controlling a lot of what I’m eating.
I have been told a lot about the no-carbs-after-5pm diet and I’m taking a shot at it. Today is Day 4. Its 10:26 AM right now and so far I have eaten a serve of grapes for breakfast and a cup of coffee. For lunch I have a ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwich on wholegrain bread. And when I feel hungry in the afternoon, (which I most definitely will)…I have a choice between fat free yoghurt or an apple. I am a little worried about dinner because I have to go to a function straight after work so I don’t think I’m going to get the chance to eat much before I go there. And functions usually have a lot of unhealthy food…Hmm…it’s a long drive there. Maybe I’ll take something with me to eat on the way there.
Oh…and I should also mention that I am trying the smaller portions thing too. So I’m eating lesser but eating more often. I don’t know if it’s working…but it’s definitely making me hungry as hell!
I know you’re probably not interested in my diet but I will still document it anyway as it works as some sort of motivation for me. I have very little belief in my willpower to stick to a diet and I have almost always failed before so this is important to me. It’s hard for me to promise not to eat carbs after 5pm because I love carbs. Hehe. But imagine – no rice, no roti, no pasta, no bread and no POTATO! Think about how much fun I have planning dinner! Lucky for me I love vegetables too so meat and veggies will keep me going.
I made a new year’s resolution this year after many many years – and it was to get my life back on track and the first step was to get in shape. I have been going to the gym but I need to go more. I have been eating right on and off but I need to do it more. Getting fit & writing more is a good step in finding myself again I think. Writing for myself I mean. I write for a job but that doesn’t count.
Oh, and before you point fingers at me when I write tomorrow’s menu I will defend myself. I started this diet suddenly 4 days ago but I had a dinner planned for tomorrow night many weeks ago. Dinner is at an Indian restaurant so it will be lots of unhealthy, oily food. And I have to have naan (read: carbs carbs carbs). I haven’t eaten out at an Indian place in a long long time so I am excused for dinner tomorrow. I know it sounds like an excuse but it really isn’t. I thought of postponing my diet plans till Sunday but I didn’t want to so instead I am just excusing myself tomorrow night. I will make up for it though.
Wish me luck! Day 4 has only just begun and there’s unhealthy food ready to pounce at me at every corner.
Photo courtesy: waggaway
Day 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)
2 Responses to "Day 4"
whoa!A health post for a change... :P
hehe! yes.but sadly i dont have the time to post my daily diet! loll
Post a Comment