I detest plagiarism.
Authors, musicians, poets, songwriters...even plagiarised thoughts.
So, I was very disappointed to discover "viva la vida" has eerily similar riffs to joe satch's song "if i could fly".
V, the joe satch fan, is highly delighted. he's found another reason to refuse to go with me to watch coldplay live in march. But he has to go. He owes me. :D
Back to my original point. I am very disappointed when greatness is not original, and is "inspired". I expect this from Anu Malik and his Bollywood brothers not Coldplay. I understand, creative arts are such that sometimes when you create something that is great, you think you came up with it yourself. But we have to be very very aware that we didn't copy someone else. I know its hard; sometimes when I write something, I worry about if I've read that line somewhere else. And I'm not even famous. But Coldplay is, so they need to be so much more careful and responsible as musicians. I understand how it could have been a genuine creative mistake (i really hope it is!) but that doesn't necessarily make it okay!
Led Zeppelin made a whole career out of ripoffs but Coldplay, you are The Scientist who Fixed me and made me go Yellow because of the Rush of Blood to My Head. Okay, corny I know, but if you haven't noticed, I really like Coldplay. I'll never sing viva la vida the same way because V will always remind me that its joe satch and not coldplay!
Watch this video and see what I mean
Oh and I think the combined version sounds really good. Just a thought: Maybe, now that Coldplay's album has gone Double Platinum and they've been nominated for a zillion Grammy Awards, maybe they should release a Special Edition Viva La Vida feat. Joe Satriani?
coldplay vs joe satriani
Unknown Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)
2 Responses to "coldplay vs joe satriani"
plagiarism. coldplay!! sigh... whats the world coming to?
i know.
and damn. they deleted the video too! grrr...!
Post a Comment